Fourteen Culver Academies student-athletes made their college commitments official Wednesday and Thursday during the first NCAA signing period of the year. The two CGA seniors and 12 CMA first-classmen will playing in four sports at the college and university level.
Ten members of the Prep lacrosse team signed nine Division I scholarships and one commitment to an elite DIII program. Signing Wednesday were:
- Jake DeMare (Naperville, Ill.) and Michael Robinson (Peterborough, Ont.), University of Delaware.
- Sammy English (Burlington, Ont.), Princeton University.
- John Cohen (Carmel, Ind.) and Brett Handsor (Huntsville, Ont.), Johns Hopkins University.
- Alec Stathakis (Northville, Mich.), University of Denver.
- Carter Hitchcock (Carmel, Ind.), Tufts University.
- Jack Parker (Ada, Mich.), Cornell University.
- Cameron Roth (Naperville, Ill.), University of Massachusetts.
- Kelan Duff (Chicago, Ill.) University of Maryland.
Thursday’s signings represented men’s basketball, women’s hockey, and men’s and women’s rowing. Signing were:
- Ethan Brittain-Watts (Indianapolis), Boston University, men’s basketball.
- Madison Turley (Bettendorf, Iowa), Post University, women’s hockey.
- Kaitlyn Leeper (Carmel, Ind.), Drake University, women’s rowing.
- Henry Stewart (Indianapolis), Stanford University, men’s rowing.
Last year, 38 Culver student-athletes committed to play at the collegiate level. The next signing period begins Dec. 19.